Monday, July 31, 2023

Frank McNair - Pastor of Lockett Baptist Church

Papa founded this church in 1924 with 12 other people.
I remember passing through Lockett every time that we visited Mimi and Pappy in Crowell. This church was always loved and well maintained during my growing up years. At the time, I didn't feel the gravity of what this place meant to my rich family history. 
This picture would have been taken in the mid 1990s.
 

In 2022, Lockett sustained much damage from a severe tornado. My heart was at unrest until I could make a trip up to see what was left standing. This tornado cut a path between the church and Papa and Mama's home, but both of them were still standing. Pictured below is the church building as I found it in April 2023. I can't remember if it had a church sign out front. I was just relieved to find it in good condition.

April 2023



No comments:

James McNair's Will

  His will was written with his own hand January 5, 1817, and proved at the July term of the Knox Co. Court, 1818. The will in full is recor...