Monday, July 31, 2023

Frank McNair - Pastor of Lockett Baptist Church

Papa founded this church in 1924 with 12 other people.
I remember passing through Lockett every time that we visited Mimi and Pappy in Crowell. This church was always loved and well maintained during my growing up years. At the time, I didn't feel the gravity of what this place meant to my rich family history. 
This picture would have been taken in the mid 1990s.
 

In 2022, Lockett sustained much damage from a severe tornado. My heart was at unrest until I could make a trip up to see what was left standing. This tornado cut a path between the church and Papa and Mama's home, but both of them were still standing. Pictured below is the church building as I found it in April 2023. I can't remember if it had a church sign out front. I was just relieved to find it in good condition.

April 2023



No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...