Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Frederick Short Ewing's 86th Birthday

 February 21, 1954

These pictures were taken by my mother and daddy in 1954. I'm uncertain as to the location but I feel that it must have been somewhere around Vernon, Texas, as that is where my parents lived and it is also where F.S.Ewing's daughter (my grandmother, Merphia Ewing Quillin Hart) lived.

 
Frederick Ewing passed away in 1962 when I was 6 years old, and I do not have any memories of him. I always thought that he had a kind face, but when I inquired about him to a lady who knew him and had done some Ewing research, I was told that he was actually pretty crusty.








F. S. Ewing is pictured above with my daddy, Truman Bryan Quillin, Sr. (son of Merphia Ewing), and Lewie Montgomery (son of Ludie Ewing). Truman and Lewie were grandsons of Frederick Short Ewing. Merphia and Ludie were his daughters.



The above picture was taken from my mother's album. When my husband scanned it, he purposefully left her explanation and date below. Bryan and Paula are my siblings.

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...