Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Song About Family Roots

 

Roots

By Parmelee
Songwriters: William Blake Bollinger, Ben Stennis, Jared Tyler Mullins.
 
I can't outrun these roots
Even if I wanted to
Cause they run too strong, run too deep,
Cutting right through the heart of me.
 
It doesn’t matter where I plant these boots.
I can't outrun these roots.
There's still that back-home part of me,
that can't help but see things differently.
 
I see no need to put a 'G' on the end of huntin' or fishin'
I still have granddaddy's bible, his old rifle and his name
I also have his ‘pour a little more’
Coarsin' through my veins.
 
No, it doesn’t matter where I plant these boots;
I can't outrun these roots.

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...