Sunday, September 3, 2023

Change Your Lens


The crested butte on the backside of our property. It stands high above the canyon below. 

 Our experiences and the people we have known create who we are. Those experiences are welded into our being. Not much can change that. Sometimes we have to step back and see things through a different lens. We are all different people and bring different things together to form relationships. There is a “give and take” to any relationship. And it’s not all about you. 

Nature and the land have much to offer about different perspectives if you only take time to observe it. On our mountain property, we have a grassy knoll. As I approach it, the road narrows and the forest closes in a bit, but I can still see the grassy knoll. My vision is limited, but once I reach the top of the knoll, my perspective broadens with the wide expanse of a grand landscape that is now in view. Do I have to change my lens? Most definitely! 

Laid out before me is a vast landscape of open park meadows in the midst of aspen stands and lodgepole pines. The scene is breathtaking, as I can see the road meandering across the open meadows miles away. Off to one side is the majestic mountain top and the view to the other side is of a crested butte that stands high above the canyon below. 

Life is like that. In my world, I have a limited view, much like the approach to that grassy knoll. The expanse of the horizon broadens at the top causing me to change my lens to see near and far and beyond. Relationships are like that.  In order to have a good relationship with others, you have to broaden your perspective and see things through their lens. This is a hard thing to do. But shifting your vision gives you countless opportunities to see the goodness and fullness of others. It’s not about you when you change your lens

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...