Friday, September 1, 2023

Mama McNair's Hull Vase

 
This a vase very close to the one that I have in my possession. It is a Hull vase and is vintage from the 1940s-1950s. My aunt Faye gifted it to me in the early 2020s. Faye had several of Mama's Hull pieces. When Mother and I met her one Saturday for the Wimberly Saturday market days, I kept looking at pieces like these. Fay told me that she would love to give me one of Mama's Hull vases. She made good on her word, and she also went on a hunt for the other pieces which to her dismay had disappeared, probably in the midst of a son's divorce. 

I treasure this item and it sits proudly on my shelf with an arrangement in it. I also have Pap's old Bible. It is priceless. I also have Papa and Mama's old Iron skillet. Those items came from Mother's home when she passed away in 2007. 

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...