Monday, January 8, 2024

Martin Frank Jones Tries to Piece Together Jones Family History

 My grandparents on my mother’s side were Joe Carroll Jones and Ava Ella McNair. They had 5 children, including my mother, Carolita Jones Quillin. Mother was most interested in helping me gather family information. Her brother, Martin Franklin Jones, was also interested in helping me throughout the years. There will be several Jones Family posts of the information gathered from them.

Recollections from Martin Frank Jones 2013

Martin Frank had vague memories of Martin Ervin Brooks Jones, and he so wanted to solve the lineage of all the Martin's in the Jones line. I have since been able to solve some of the things...and I also inherited those precious items/slips of paper from MEB's old truck. More to come later.....

"Pappy put up Minerva and MEB’s tombstone. MEB lived on a farm and a rooster flogged Martin (Frank). MEB knocked the rooster off…and that is the only memory that Martin Frank has of MEB.   MEB and Minerva were missionaries to the Indians in Oklahoma (possibly to Indians in Alabama as well.)

Martin Frank remembers is always being said that there was another Martin Jones after the Martin Jones who married Keziah Busby. That older Martin was born in the 1700’s. (I have not proven this.)  Neither of those Martin’s could read and write. Martin Frank said that he has an old trunk somewhere with a slip of paper with a payment for Keziah.  On that slip of paper there is mention of Martin Jones (her husband) and his father, another Martin Jones. (NOT PROVEN) There is some sort of signature on that paper relating those two Martin’s.

Some of that has not proven to be true. I now have these in my possession. To be posted later.

 Martin Jones left Keziah with two young sons.

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...