Sunday, January 7, 2024

Pappy's Illness and Last Days

 My grandparents on my mother’s side were Joe Carroll Jones and Ava Ella McNair. They had 5 children, including my mother, Carolita Jones Quillin. Mother was most interested in helping me gather family information. Her brother, Martin Franklin Jones, was also interested in helping me throughout the years. There will be several Jones Family posts of the information gathered from them.

Recollections from Martin Frank Jones 2013

Most of Pappy’s life, he couldn’t bend over because of ear problems.  He had a severe infection as an infant and forever had problems with his ear.  Dr. Clark had told him that infection would get into his brain and spinal cord….and eventually that is exactly what happened.  He died of spiral meningitis.  

 When he was close to the end, Pap began to hallucinate and was violent at times.  Martin was called one day and told, “Come quickly.  Skinny is having a fit to see you.”  When Martin arrived, Pap told him, “I bought a great big machine today.”  Martin just encouraged him and told him that was really good.   In one of Pap’s lucid moments, he explained losing his mind.  He told Martin, “Son, it’s like being in a river and the water is rushing towards you.  It’s coming over you.  I know if it comes over me, I’m ruint.”


No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...