Sunday, February 11, 2024

James Ewing Jr 1758 - 1810 Will Transcription

Will of James Ewing

  Transcription of Will     wmjg2 posted on Ancestry 2011

 Smith Co., TN Deed Bk K, p.391-392. Will attached to deed of John Conger to Alfred Ewing, 22 Sep 1810, proved Dec 1810.

1810, 22 Sep: James EWING of Smith Co., TN made his will. Called himself sick and weak of body. Gave to my wife Ladovesy EWING during her chaste widowhood to me, the plantation I now live on and after her widowhood ceases if the children are not of age, my wish and desire is that my Executors shall rent out the farm for the support of Reuben EWING, William EWING, Alfred EWING, Salley EWING, Malinda EWING and Nancy EWING, and when they come of age the land to be sold and equally divided between James EWING, Reuben EWING, William EWING, Alfred EWING, Salley EWING, Malinda EWING and Nancy EWING to them and their heirs forever. My wish and desire is that my Executors shall rent out my plantation where William SEXTON lives and the profits arriving for the support of Reuben EWING, William EWING, Alfred EWING, Salley, Melinda and Nancy EWING and when they come of age, my desire is that the plantation be sold and equally divided between James EWING, Reuben EWING, William EWING, Alfred EWING, Salley EWING, Melinda EWING and Nancy EWING to them and their heirs forever. My wish and desire is that my negro woman, Milley, shall continue a servant of my wife as long as she keeps my young children and treats them well, Reuben EWING, William EWING, Alfred EWING, Sally EWING, Melinda EWING and Nancy EWING and when they get able to maintain themselves, my wish is for the negro woman and increase to be sold to the highest bidder and the profit divided between all of my children herein named to them and their heirs forever. My wish is for all my stock of horses, cows, hogs and my shop tools, household and kitchen furniture, farming utensils to be sold and the profit arising to pay my just debts and legacies given away after this clause of this my wish and the balance if any to be divided equally between all of my children to them and their heirs forever. I give my son John EWING one dollar to him and his heirs forever. I give my daughter Ruthy CELLARS one dollar to her and her heirs forever. I give my daughter Edy EWING ten dollars to her and her heirs forever. My wish and desire is that my executors shall use the profits arising from my lands to support my younger children and give them a liberal education such as this income will admit of Reuben, William, Alfred, Sally, Melinda and Nancy. Appointed John LANCASTER and Thomas S. GREEN executors. Signed James EWING. Wits. Henry DICKENS, Jr., Lyddia DICKENS, James E. SEXTON.

1810, Dec: Will proved, Smith Co., TN. Letters Testamentary granted to John LANCASTER, Thomas S. GREEN the other executor therein named refusing to qualify.

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...