Sunday, March 24, 2024

Forever Grateful for My Great-Grandparents

 I was truly blessed with a grounded foundation. Both of my great grandparents, Charles Franklin McNair and Ella Vermell King McNair, walked the walk and talked the talk. I was fortunate enough to live near them, and I knew them personally. Mama passed away when I was 7 years old so my memories of her are vaguer. However, Papa lived 4 more years after Mama passed. I was 10 years old at the time and I have wonderful memories of him. Their daughter, Ava Ella McNair Jones, was a faithful caregiver. Ava would bring Papa with her to Vernon every Wednesday to do grocery shopping, so almost every Wednesday I was able to visit with Papa and even got to go shopping with them. 

This picture was taken in our home in Vernon, Texas, when we lived on Texas Street. I was probably about 4 years old.


Pictured here from left to right: Nancy Claire Quillin, Truman Bryan Quillin, Jr., Charles Franklin McNair, Paula Fae Quillin


No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...