Sunday, March 10, 2024

Martin Frank Jones - His Christianity

 This is the completion of what Martin Frank Jones wrote about his convictions:

I find it interesting and amazing to follow the way God used Abraham’s descendants through Isaac, Jacob (whose name was changed to Israel), Moses, David (king of the nation of Israel), all the way down to Jesus. Jesus was the son of God. God’s Spirit came to a virgin named Mary, and she conceived by God’s spirit and God’s son Jesus was born. Jesus proclaimed God’s plan and made the sacrifice to pay for the sins of all who come to trust and believe that Jesus is the son of God. The Gospel of Jesus Christ which to me is found in a nutshell Called John 3:16. We are told in more than one place in the Bible that Christ stood as a lamb slain before the earth was created. To me that tells us that all people of all time have been saved because they believed that somehow God would forgive their sins through their faith that God would provide a sacrifice for their sins.

To explain more fully what I believe about the future of the church we will look again at what Jesus himself said about it. When the time drew near for Jesus to be crucified and the soldiers came to arrest he asked his disciples what the people were saying about Him. They replied that people thought that he was one of the Old Testament prophets who had come back. He then asked the disciples who they thought he was. Peter replied and said that he was the Christ the Son of the living God. Jesus indicated that God Himself had revealed that to Peter, and the other disciples. I think that Jesus as the Christ declared that it was upon the fact that He was the Son of the Living God that he would build his church, and the gates of hell cannot prevail against the church. This means that it is important for the world to understand that the devil nor any other force will be able to destroy the church. I have already established that Christ’s Church is made up of believers in him as savior. There are some people who believe that the believers who are Christians are infidels and deserve to be exterminated. We see evidence of this in many places of the world. But I have news for them. The church will still be around when Jesus returns, every knee will bow and confess him as King. I do not understand what the last days will be like, but I believe that if we are believers in Jesus, we will be on the winning side. We are told that Jesus will take the church as his bride to reign with Him for eternity.

Life after death

Posted on August 10, 2012 by Martin Jones

I believe there is life after this life. I base my belief upon the fact that I believe in a living God.

The life that we will experience after this life will be spiritual, much as God is spiritual. It will be an eternal (never ending) life in Heaven with believers in God, or in hell with those who do not believe in God, that the word of God describes as an unending death that is described as a lake of fire.

There is no way for me to understand what either of these lives will be like. But I place my faith in a living God that forgives my sin that deserves an eternal death in hell, and gives me Grace and Mercy because I believe that God is God and is able to deliver me from the terrible death that I deserve.

I believe all this is possible because God the Father sent his Son into this world to pay the penalty for my sin through my faith in Him.

Martin Jones

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...