Saturday, June 1, 2024

My America, My Homeland Part 1


 American History and Politics During My Lifetime

Growing up in rural small-town America, I knew nothing else except to be proud of my country and allegiant to her.  We had great pride in the flag and treated it with upmost dignity. I learned about the flag; what it symbolized and how lucky I was to be born in a free nation. I learned proper protocol about the flag; we pledged it often, at most events that I attended. It was an honor to be born as a citizen of the U.S.A. with the many rights and privileges that were given to me by the ultimate sacrifice of many on the battle field throughout the ages. I was taught to respect every aspect of their sacrifice. In school, I was taught all the American patriotic songs which further taught me how to love and appreciate my country. 

I thank God everyday that I married a man of faith who was raised by a strong independent woman. His mother was a military wife who moved all over the world, caring for her 3 sons. His dad as a pilot of the B-24 and flew 3 missions over Normandy on D-Day and survived. Just seeing the flag wave proudly and singing the National Anthem brought tears to her eyes. She was the most patriotic person I ever knew.


No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...