Thursday, November 2, 2023

The Artist - Merphia Ewing Quillin Hart

 There have been different spellings of her name. We called her Granny, but in my research, I always use the spelling that she placed on her artwork. She was talented with oils on canvas. These two pieces are still in my possession. Granny gave them to my mother, Carolita Quillin. 

Granny signed her artwork as MERPHIA HART. 
She enjoyed painting still-life and landscape. 




The landscape painting (below) was painted by Merphia from a photo that was taken by my mother after a vacation trip to Colorado. This was Mother's favorite spot in the mountains. It forever hung in our home.



No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...