Saturday, November 4, 2023

Taking My Sister to Camp Fire Camp 1961

 Mother placed her children in special organizations to enhance their personal growth. Bryan was in Cub Scouts. Paula and I were in Camp Fire Girls. In the summer of 1961, our family trip was to take Paula to Camp Fire Camp at Camp Latoli in Saint Jo, Texas, close to Fort Worth. Camp Latoli was built in 1950. Several of the pictures are when we dropped her off. I don't think she was very fond of the idea of being left, and if my memory serves me correctly, she grew homesick and mailed letters home begging for Mother and Daddy to come get her. But she persevered and made it through the week. On our return to pick her up, we did a side trip to a local Air Force Base and a Garden. Of course, we enjoyed the motel and swimming the most.

Me and my sister

Paula and her camp counselor

Their totem. Paula's group was the white patch on the pole near her head.

A walk down to the camp's new pool. About this time, I was glad it wasn't me staying at the camp. The reality was also setting in on Paula.

Hike downhill to Pool

And back up again. 

Pool time!



We had the pool to ourselves. I was a bit afraid of the water. Bryan is in the pool and Mother is coaxing me closer.

Train ride at the park, minus Daddy who took all the pictures. He was the only one with a steady hand.




And a brother who couldn't resist irritating his little sister. 


No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...