Wednesday, January 3, 2024

My First Winter

 1957

To me this is a 'letter-perfect' picture, a child's playground. I'm only several months old so I'm positive that I was sleeping warmly inside, while Mother and Daddy took my siblings out to build a snowman. I'm sure my daddy was the photographer. He loved taking pictures. I adore the glow and gusto on my sister's face. She was simply adorable and so full of life. My brother was the typical boy. He was always the agitator and never let life grow boring. 

The winter scene is in Vernon, Texas, in our front yard of the home on Texas Street. Mother and Daddy were a young couple who finally could afford a new home. This picture is in front of the addition my parents added when the family began to grow. Everything depicts a life of love, joy and happiness: a new home, landscaping that hasn't grown over, the old model car on the street over, excited children playing in the snow, a bicycle and tricycle waiting to be ridden, a mother who still wears a dress in the snow. I had a wonderful life.



No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...