Wednesday, June 12, 2024

My America, My Homeland Part 12

 AMERICAN PRESIDENTS DURING MY LIFETIME

Barack Obama 2009 -2017

He came into office with the least amount of political experience, being only the organizer of events in Chicago and serving for 3 years as Senator from Illinois. He was our first African American president and was in a prime position to bridge the gap of racial tension by holding himself up as an example of what can be achieved as a Black man; that anything is possible. Many times, though, his rhetoric turned to his memories of being treated the same way. As a white citizen, I know this happened; I understand their hurt; I am appalled at the actions of many from the past. But we are not able to erase the past, nor should we forget it. I can’t help what happened in the past, but I can’t be blamed for the past either. I am willing to move forward, wanting equality and justice for everyone in the here and now. I prefer not to constantly re-live all the negative racial injustices. As a teacher, I learned to be color blind. I viewed my students as they were, no matter their background or culture. The media became whores to what was sensational and fueled the flames, and most white America became silenced not wanting to be labeled as a racist, bigot, misogynist, homophobic…you name it, if we spoke out about anything, we were labeled. This created LOTS of tension and stress and unfortunately, for me, the best candidate in the election against Obama was not selected and America selected Trump.

 

Donald Trump 2017

This may be the most divisive President I’ve ever lived under. He is a wealthy businessman known across the globe. He is not a politician and the press HATES him, and he hates them. He takes to Twitter to talk with the people directly. He has no filter in expressing his ideas, but he is determined to do what he believes he was elected to do. For that, he has achieved the respect of his base, but many Republican politicians find it hard to follow him. Only time will tell.  He is the President as I speak, and I find it disgusting how our nation has fallen into such negative rhetoric and how disrespectful we have become of the office of the President. Honestly, I’m fearful for the future of democracy. I grieve about the downfall of our media with so much bias in news stories. One has to search hard to find the real news.


Joe Biden....Really? In my view, this is the most destructive President we have ever had. Economy went down the drain after Covid, handouts to everyone, spending in the trillions of dollars, crime is rampant as we have defunded police, and the border crisis with millions of undocumented aliens being released into our country is unthinkable. A country with no borders is not a country. One World Order.... ?

No comments:

Autumn Season of Life

                                                              1000+ images about Clip art - ClipArt Best - ClipArt Best Autumn is a season o...